The bottom bracket is a component that usually does its job without making a fuss, and Shimano knows how indispensable it is to your drivetrain, which is why they ensure smooth bearings, advanced sealing, and high manufacturing tolerances. With the Ultegra SM-BB72-41B PressFit Bottom Bracket, you're able to press this component right into the frame, working with the Shimano HollowTech crankset and any frame equipped with a BB86 bottom bracket shell. Two steel cartridge bearings are featured with this bottom bracket, and they are pressed into composite cups which increase the outside diameter to 41mm to match the frame's bottom bracket shell. A 1.75mm thick outer-lip provides a positive stop for the cups when they're pressed into place.
SHIMANO ULTEGRA PRESS-FIT BOTTOM BRACKET - SM-BB72-41B
- Bottom bracket with small ball bearings for lightweight
- Advanced seal construction for smoother rotation
- Dura-Ace proven four-arm design with similar stiffness
- 14g lighter than the SM-BB6700 but maintains the same durability
- Weighs in at 69 grams for optimal lightness
Material [shell] composite, [bearings] steel Shell Type BB86 Shell Width 86.5 mm Axle Type Shimano Hollowtech Recommended Use cyclocross, gravel, road cycling